What to do BEFORE your Spray Tan appointment:
- Shave or wax at least 24 hours before your appointment. If you tan right after shaving, your pores may be wide open, and you may get little dots on your legs or other areas!
- Shower, exfoliate, and shave the day BEFORE your tanning session.
- Do NOT use a moisturizing soap or body wash (especially Dove) before you tan. The reason for this is that anything moisturizing leaves a layer on the skin that the tanning solution won't penetrate through, and you won't get a good, even tan. Use either a clear body wash or a bar soap that is a bit drying ( like Ivory, Dial, Irish Spring, Lever 2000, or Zest.
- Scrub your entire body well with either nylon exfoliating gloves or a washcloth.
- Be sure to wash off any hair conditioner residue from your body.
- Skin should be clean and dry before being sprayed (Do not shower less than 8 hrs before you tan). Don’t apply moisturizers, deodorants, anti-perspirants, oils, or makeup the day of your tanning appointment. They can effect tan development.
- REMEMBER to bring DARK loose COTTON clothing and flip flops. We do not recommend shorts, denim, or work out clothing until after your first shoer.
Spray Tan Appointment:
- Please inform your technician of any skin problems, trouble spots, or any issues you may have had with other sunless tanning products.
- The application time takes approximately 5 minutes, but plan on a total of 10-30 minutes for your appointment time.
- Do not worry if your hands and feet appear lighter than the rest of your body. These areas are purposely sprayed lightly because they develop more intensely than the other areas of the body.
Post Appointment Spray Tan Care:
- Please do not expose your skin to water, sweating or working out while your airbrush is developing.
- Development of the airbrush tan is different in certain areas. The tan will even itself out after your first shower or within 24 hours of your actual spray tan application
- The bronzer you see initially after the service is not your tan, it is a color guide. As your tan develops you may get darker in the 8-12 hour developing time. This is the solution developing underneath.
- After your treatment, we recommend waiting 8-12 hours before your first post treatment shower. During your first shower after a MaddTan application, DO NOT USE SOAP except in areas you need or should. (I.E. Arm pits, and personals)
- Use soap only where necessary during your showers. ( lather and wash with hands, do not use loofas, wash cloths, or scrubbies, these will remove your tan!)
- Please avoid waxing after the service it will result in taking your tan off.
- MaddTan strongly suggests moisturizing one to two times a day when your airbrush is on. Moisturizing correctly will extend your tan and make it fade evenly.
- We do recommend our MaddTan organic body line to keep you tan, It is free of sulfates and parabans which can fade your tan.
- Swimming and soaking in pools, hot tubs, and saltwater dry out your skin and shorten the life of your tan. We do recommend using a sunblock lotion regularly to act as a barrier while in water.
- MaddTan’s solution is not a sunblock, please always apply a spray on sun protection with your airbrush on.
- MaddTan can not guarantee removal of solution out of all material (wearing tight clothing like jeans and spandex, will eventually rub your tan off, please be aware of this!)
- Avoid using any type of DHA(TANNING) product that has a self-tanner after our tan ex. Jergens, Clarins, Neutrogena, St. Tropez
- Do not use any types of body oils to moisturize